Tuesday, March 2, 2010

American food Vs Kuwait food

Before I came to the U.S, I was not thinking or worrying about the food in the U.S that will fill my stomach for 3 or 4 years. But now, after getting experience with the food in America or ''American food,'' I think I need to rethink about this aspect. In fact, unlike my all Asian friends, I lost weight more than 8 kilograms. I was not think that I will loose my weight in the place where is the most famous fast food had been created.

The reason why I was not worry about losing weight in the U.S has a relation with the food in my country, Kuwait. Macdonalds, carles junior, Burgerking, and pizza are best fast food in my country beside Domenoz, PapaJones, and others. However, it has good taste and good quality. Although they are fast food and are not recommended to be eaten, all people who i know in Kuwait have no resistance toward that food taste, I do not blame them! Therefore, I was thought these food in the U.S would be even more delicious, Once I said for my younger brother I am going the original Macdonalds. Moreover, if you ask someone who has been in Kuwait as a visitor what is the most interesting and distinctive there, you will be heard food one of the answers. It might be one of the reasons that I got food-shoked, specially when I recognize 50% of the restaurants originally from the U.S.

In my view, America has a distinctive food, burgers, fries, pizza, and fast food generally, but I am not sure if i should say traditional food, except if we look at the Turkey. Comparing the food in the U.S with Kuwait has many differences; however, we have a traditional food and it is known with the delicious taste. It is most delicious food I have ever eaten and I do not think I would find the same taste in others food. It is known in my country if someone who cooks is not in a good mood, it is better not to cook because Kuwait tradition food associated with the cook soul. Maybe you feel weird about our thought toward this thing, but if you know the reason you will not feel that feeling. The food in my country depends on many kinds of spices and a cook can add whatever he or she wants. so finally, it depends on the cook mood while cooking in adding the kind and the amount of the spices.

Finally, if some one told lets go to eat American food, yes I would think the American food is burger, fries, mash potato, or chicken with a big cup of Cocacola. It might there is something else regarding to the American food, but this is what I am seeing since I came to the U.S

2 comments:

  1. Wooo! To cook with his/her soul! I like this idea! :D

    I don't like cooking... maybe I don't have any soul.. ? :P

    ReplyDelete