Friday, April 16, 2010

TTo my lovely Mom and Dad

To my Mom and Dad who always have the wisdom in taking final decisions, I am writing this letter hoping you clearly understand my view. Since I came to California, I am suffering from transportation here. You would not imagine the situation here while going to school, however, people stuck in streets for 3 or 4 hours, paying for parking lots everywhere, really few parking lots and hard to find, .. etc.. . Therefore, as a main reason, not being late for the morning classes, I would like to get a motorcycle. Lovely Mom and Dad, I understand that you might think it is dangerous to ride a motorcycle because I might go speed , but I would like to illustrate something to you. Driving a motorcycle in California is different from Kuwait, driving here a motorcycle very safe with the riding laws. Police officers everywhere here, so no one can go speed either cars or motorcycles. In addition, speed fine is really expensive here, so I or cars' riders would not think to speed. Second you might think falling down something is possible to happen and I agree with you that is something could happen, but do you know no can ride a motorcycle without a special license. However, no one will sell you one without showing the license, this is the law here. People have to go to a class to get the license, which needs 7 days and more than 5 hours a day. Although I had one before you decided to sell it, I am going to attend that class. Can you imagine how long of time I am going to practice again and how experience will I get. Moreover, to assure your hearts, you will not see someone rides a motorcycle without a helmet because it is illegal here, so I have no choice I will were it whenever I ride. I understand you might think sometimes I must go fast because I am on motorcycle, but I want to assure you that I will not ride the motorcycle at night or the whole day because as you know I have a car which is preferable in order to have accompany with me. Hence, I will not be able to go fast at the morning because basically is will be crowed. My parents who are the best ever, you might think I would be hit by other cars, but I would assure you that getting a driver license is one of the most difficult things could happen in California. DMV will not give driver license easily, which means people here drive carefully specially with the wide spread of the policemen.

1 comment:

  1. I KNOW RIGHT???? MY MUM AND DAD DOES NOT LET ME DRIVE A MOTORCYCLE TOO!! I'M TURNING 28 NEXT MONTH AND IT SUCKS THAT I CAN'T RIDE A MOTORCYCLE WITH MY FRIENDS. THEY ARE GOING ROAD TRIP AROUND THE EAST SIDE OF THE US AND I CAN'T GO WITH THEM CUZ THEY DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME THAT MOTORCYCLES AGREE SAFE!! AHHHHHH WHATEEVER

    ReplyDelete